Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's been a while...

The last time I posted was a month before the 10-anniversary of the 9/11 tragedies. I meant to write things (I did write -- in other fora) in that time, and especially around 9/11. Maybe I will recap some of that in a few of the upcoming posts. There has been a lot that has happened, personally and professionally, some of which inspires me to write a blog or two, so hopefully I will incorporate those different thoughts and topics.

I also have not forgotten my promise to write a second part to my thoughts on Heroin Addiction in Israel & Palestine, and how the principles behind many 12-step programs of recovery from addiction -- and perhaps the recovering addicts themselves in both nations -- may be helpful in providing a way forward that brings peace and serenity for all, a way to look for solutions instead of problems, etc. (The principles of recovery that I mention are not exclusive to those programs, as the wisdom that they have distilled is found in many other places, but still concentrated there... and quite a useful mechanism, I thought, when dealing with addiction is Israel and Palestine... and I didn't mean to use "addiction" as a metaphor for war or conflict or anything... It was an honest-to-goodness, oh-so-earnest, "Here are some simple lessons that Recovery teaches, and with the shared experience of hell and redemption from it, all Palestinians and Israelis who were former users... maybe even current users... may provide ).

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a reaction to what you just read? Please share it with me. I want to hear from you.